Live EPSO Assessment Centre Webinar -- 16 & 18 September. Register now!
Home E-Learning Catalogue
Wish to know how the European Union works - in 40 minutes? Train your staff & students anywhere in the world!
More courses coming soon. For FREE trial, group discounts & corporate sales contact us now!
Duration: 68 minutes
This course covers the Committee of the Regions, the European Economic and Social Committee, the European Central Bank, the European Investment Bank, the European Court of Auditors, the European Ombudsman, the European Data Protection Supervisor and various EU executive and regulatory agencies.
This course covers four different types of EU bodies: the consultative, the financial, the controlling and the decentralised ones, such as the Committee of the Regions, the European Economic and Social Committee, the European Central Bank, the European Investment Bank, the European Court of Auditors, the European Ombudsman, the European Data Protection Supervisor and various EU executive and regulatory agencies. These are the following ones:
Committee of the Regions (CoR)
- Origin, role, structure, decision-making, election of members
- When is it consulted and how are opinions drawn up
European Economic and Social Committee (EESC)
- Employers’, workers’ and other interest groups’ representation
- Written opinions and interest representation of civil society
- Structure, decision-making and election of its members
European Central Bank (ECB)
- Eurozone countries, monetary policy
- Structure, governance and management of the ECB
European Investment Bank (EIB)
- Loans to develop regions, improve competitiveness in the EU
- Examples of its activities, management structure
European Court of Auditors (ECA)
- Internal structure, management and its members
- Controlling EU taxpayers’ money, methods and systems
- Administrative inquiries, maladministration, peer pressure
- Election, the role of the European Parliament, mandate and governance
European Data Protection Supervisor
- Protecting personal data handled by EU institutions
- Advising policy making on data protection matters
EU executive, regulatory and other agencies
- Community Agencies and Common Foreign and Security Policy Agencies
- Agencies covering Police and Judicial Cooperation in Criminal Matters
- Executive Agencies based in Brussels and overview of their role